Wednesday 25 May 2011

Hints and tips - for anyone getting married on a budget PT1

Are you getting married on a budget?

My husband and I got married in 2008 on a very tight budget which meant we had to think outside the box to achieve some of the things we wanted. Over the coming days and weeks, I’ll share with you some of the things we did that helped us keep costs down. I hope some might be of benefit to you, or help you come up with your own ideas for weddings at a knock-down price!
If you have any great tips on keeping to a budget, why not let me know and I’ll publish them on my blog? You can contact me here, from my website or catch me on Facebook  or tweet me.

High Street/Market Bargains
Save the date cards and invitations - We bought ours from Tesco and they were half the cost of all the quotations we were given for bespoke cards. My husband’s father wrote the invitations using his calligraphy skills (thanks to a lifetime of teaching and handing out awards at school!) and everyone loved the fact we had done them ourselves.

Bridal shoesI was lucky enough to get some gorgeous ivory shoes from the Next clearance section at a local designer outlet centre as they were from a previous season’s collection. However, many high street stores including New Look, Next and BHS now offer suitable wedding shoes at affordable prices all year round

Table DecorationsI made all the table centres using a combination of items from a local market and IKEA. I made my own flower arrangements using glass vases, coloured pebbles and wooden scented roses wrapped in ribbon to make them pretty (and keep them to the shape I wanted!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear what you have to say and any ideas you might have